Sunday 11 January 2009

Study, study, study

Sunday today, would normally go out for a mountain bike ride for a few hours but my cycling pal has pulled out citing aches and pains, tiredness and the cold weather. I am secretly relieved at this as I have a whole lot of OU work to catch up on.

I don't want to blame work as I can also be a little slack in the evenings and weekends at doing the amount of OU work I should do, but we were called in last Sunday due to there being a 2 minute power failure which affected one of our machine rooms over Sunday night. The generator failed to start and some sort of logic problem stopped the UPS failing back over to mains power. Most of Sunday was eaten by bringing servers back and making sure all was well in the virtual environment, the SAN came back seamlessly fortunately. Then I lost Tuesday and Wednesday evenings to troubleshooting another problem. Grrrrr!

So having made my excuses I'd better get down to some serious work today. I will be doing concurrent courses later this month so I need to crack on, I will be starting T209 that will run alongside M255.

No comments: